Tübingen: the geographical centre of Baden-Württemberg is embedded in the Neckar Valley between the nature conservation park Schönbuch and the Swabian Alb.
Tübingen writes poetry: The theological Stift, which was founded 1536, produced a host of well-known poets. Tübingen is thinking: The City is dominated by the University, which is one of the oldest in Germany.
How about a stroll through the alleyways of the historical city centre? The market place and the collegiate church are absolutely idyllic. Colourful half-timbered houses line the streets. And above the city rises the Schlossberg. How about a romantic punting trip? Or a visit in the art gallery?
Secial features of the Youth Hostel Tübingen:
- The youth hostel is located at the fringe of the old town, directly on the Neckar.
- ten minutes walking distance from the train station and the city centre.
- big sun terrace with open-air chess
- 7 common rooms with a capacity of 20-80 places (all of them with Internet access)
- The guest rooms are wheelchair friendly and access is possible for wheelchair users. Wheelchair users can reach the dining room only through the open air.
- Historic Old Town Tübingen
- River Neckar directly at the house
- Hohentübingen Castle