Karlsruhe: between culture and technology, town and countryside. Not yet 300 years old, Karlsruhe has enjoyed a long tradition as a research metropolis. What would the world look like without the invention of Karl Benz, a native son of Karlsruhe?
The way the town's streets fan out is famous not only with architects. Karlsruhe is also known as the "green city". Parks with towering trees and well-kept gardens characterize the town. How about just strolling through the park? Or visiting the ZKM? Or going on a trip to the zoological city gardens? Karlsruhe Youth Hostel lies on the northwestern edge of the town centre, between Karlsruhe Palace, the College of Engineering and the College of Education.
In the Hostel in Karlsruhe, guests will find a stimulating environment where a intense cultural exchange is possible. The programme ranges from historical aspects to contemporary youth culture. Guests can experience exciting cultural experiences. The hostel can offer a highly qualified range of programmes for school trips, camps and seminars.
What you can expect:
- A selection of cultural events.
- The programme ranges from self-organized cultural and historical explorations and hunts for evidence, excursions and activities to practical projects.
- The equipment and media are contemporary
- There are places where workshops can withdraw to, and there are also seating and meeting options.
- Zoological Garden
- State Museum of Natural History
- ZKM | Center for art and media