Schloss Ortenberg (Ortenberg Castle) is the fairy-tale castle of the Baden region. The view of the castle at the entrance of the romantic Kinzigtal valley is simply stunning. Destroyed in 1678, the landmark of the Ortenau area was only rebuilt in the Gothic style in the 19th century. Enjoy being the lord or lady of the castle for once!
Lovingly maintained timber-framed houses, picturesque corners and dreamy little nooks await you in the village. How about a visit to the mediaeval town of Gengenbach? Right next door, Strasbourg beckons. Or maybe you'd prefer a trip to the Europapark in Rust?
Special features of Schloss Ortenberg Youth Hostel:
- The hostel in the castle is only 500 m away from the village.
- 4 common rooms with 24-78 seats
- 1 common room in a separate gardener's house for about 100 people; it can be divided up by a folding wall and is, along with a piano, ideal for music rehearsals
- Barbecue area in the rose garden
- Special offers for weekend groups
Fancy lording it in a castle for once in your life? Want to dine in historical halls and have a right royal time? Everything's possible in Schloss Ortenberg Youth Hostel. Tired after rehearsals? Or the trip to the Europapark? Delicious food and a place to relax await you at the hostel. And tonight? Sleep like a king or queen.
The Schloss Ortenberg Youth Hostel team is looking forward to your visit.
- The fairytale castle itself
- Europa-Park Adventure Resort
- At the entrance to the Kinzig Valley