Nothing but nature in Forbach-Herrenwies. Do you want to see right down to the bottom of the water? Or study the bark on the trees? Surrounded by nature conservation meadows and forests, the hostel is in a beautiful location. The landscape is rich in rare plant and animal species. How about staying in a large area designated as a Flora and Fauna Habitat (FFH)? The Franz Köberle Youth Hostel in Herrenwies is a non-school site with a large range of possibilities. Situated in the middle of lovely countryside, this location fosters the creativity and imagination of our guests and is used for environmental education purposes. The Environmental|Hostel, with its environmental laboratory, offers educational programmes on nature, nutrition and technology. The food? Organic, of course. A healthy diet, environmental awareness and the efficient use of resources are the pillars of this accommodation.
In the Environmental|Hostel you can expect:
- environmentally friendly and socially responsible behaviour and sustainable development at all levels
- extensive programmes of nature education with the themes of water, earth, air, fire, and astronomy. We offer various programmes in which the children learn through play, observation and research and explore and get to know the local environment.
- Experiential education programmes such as a treasure hunt with GPS devices, crate climbing, tree climbing, abseiling and making a campfire
- the efficient use of energy and healthy food
- the conservation of resources
The Herrenwies Youth Hostel team is looking forward to your visit.
- in the Black Forest National Park
- experiential education programmes
- familiar atmosphere