An excellent location!
Past and present. Culture, history and beautiful countryside. Even around the year 150, this place was home to the largest Roman cavalry fort north of the Alps. Hohenstaufen Emperor Frederick II founded the city of Aalen around 1240. 100 years later, Aalen became a Free Imperial City. Aalen is fully aware of its history. And it looks ahead. Aalen - a place where you can feel good. And the gateway to the Swabian Alb region.
The hostel is on the western outskirts of the town's "Rohrwang" forest, next to the Ostalb Arena.
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Indoor swimming pool
- Climbing gym (by appointment)
- Sports facilities (after talking to the surrounding sports clubs)
Hiking - nothing but nature
- Limes hikes (1-4 hours)
- "Aalbäumle" lookout tower
- Aalen-Wasseralfingen (1.5 hours)
- Panoramaweg Aalen ("panoramic route") (2-30 km)
Lots to experience
- Limes and the Limes Museum (1 km)
- Limes-Thermen (spa complex) (3 km)
- Tiefer Stollen (visitor mine & "healing galleries" for respiratory diseases) (5 km)
- Göppingen (Märklin Museum [model railways], Tigerenten Club Studio) (45 km)
- Ulm (minster) (60 km)
- Stuttgart (Wilhelma Zoo, planetarium, museums & theatres, musicals, TV Tower, parliament) (77 km)
- Gunzburg (Legoland) (75 km)