.Discover Wuppertal in the Bergische Land by the suspension monorail.
The Bergisches Land is enthralling: it offers so many opportunities to give your stay a real kick. Wuppertal can offer you everything a big city has: several museums, a theatre, an opera, cinemas, a leisure pool, exciting evidence of the current and historical industrial landscape and, of course, the almost classical "Skytrain Zoo Tour".
And Wuppertal Youth Hostel has plenty to keep you interested, too. The focus here is on outdoor activities. There's enough room surrounding the hostel to run around in and try out a wide range of sports and games
Recreational fun begins in Wuppertal Youth Hostel: there's ample space around the youth hostel for outdoor activities and a wide range of sports and games.
Leisure facilities in the youth hostel
- Table tennis
- Pinball machine
- Table football
Leisure facilities in the area
Explore the town of Wuppertal and the Bergisches Land! One special highlight of the town is the famous suspension railway, the town's world-famous landmark. The traditional vehicle allows visitors a unique view of the town and is, at the same time, the main artery of Wuppertal's local transport network. The suspension railway is a quick, reliable and convenient way to get to the major attractions of the town: museums, the Tanztheater Wuppertal Pina Bausch or the zoo, which is one of the most scenic in the world. Incidentally, the "Schwebezoo" family offer is a ticket that combines the suspension railway and entrance to the zoo!
The Bergisches Land offers many recreational opportunities as well as hiking and biking trails, and is worth a trip especially for lovers of nature and sports alike. Children and adults get their money's worth in, for example, the Kluterthöhle cave in Ennepetal: 300 passageways, underground lakes, streams, fossils and rare animals can be admired here.
- Mini golf and tennis courts (170 m)
- Lofty perspectives: suspended railway (10 minutes on foot)
- Apes, polar bears etc.: Zoo (13 km)
- Industrial history live: Museum of Early Industrialisation (700 m)
- Truly contemporary: Watch Museum (3.7 km)
- Art for Children: Children's Museum (5 km)
- For culture vultures: Von der Heydt Museum (3.8 km)
- Dancing on points: Pina Bausch Dance Theatre
- Dancing dolls: puppet theatre, with programmes for children and adults (3.2 km)
- Health underground: Kluterthöhle cave with exciting adventure tours and health services (11 km)
- Paddling with team spirit: dragon boating on the Beyenburger Reservoir
- How does knowledge develop: "Bay Lab" public laboratory of Bayer AG
- Whizzing shuttles: Bandwebermuseum (Ribbon Weaving Museum)
- Naturalists in Action: Station for Nature and the Environment
- Bergische Museumsbahn (a heritage tram museum)
- Botanical Gardens, open-air stage and playground
- Kayak, raft and canoe trips on the Wupper
- Wupperwände climbing centre
- Walk to Tölleturm (tower) with great views over the town
- Ennepetal: Kluterthöhle cave with adventure tours
- Ittertal: fairy-tale park for children, open-air swimming pool in the summer, ice skating in the winter
- Müngsten bridge
- Neanderthal valley and Neanderthal Museum in Mettmann
- Remscheid: X-Ray & Tool Museum, H2O bathing paradise
- Klingenmuseum (Blade Museum) in Solingen, Burg Castle with the Museum of the Bergisches Land