Outdoor-fun in Windeck-Rosbach.
Windeck-Rosbach Forest Hostel offers all outdoor enthusiasts a vast and varied outdoor terrain. You can run around, play, train your senses, walk or have a barbecue here.
Nature lovers with inquiring minds can discover all kinds of secrets regarding local flora and fauna while on exciting walks through the area.
Music groups and choirs will find plenty of creative space for undisturbed rehearsal weekends.
Leisure facilities in the youth hostel
- Movie room
- Games corner / reading corner
- Table tennis tables, inside and outside
- Area for playing football
- Basketball field
- Barbecue facilities
- Camp fire places
- Beamer / DVD
Things to do in the area/for outdoor enthusiasts and nature-lovers: The Siegtal valley
People who like being outdoors and active immediately feel they are in good hands at Windeck-Rosbach Forest Hostel. But it's not only the hostel itself that makes it possible to offer a large variety of recreational opportunities thanks to its extensive outdoor terrain. The Siegtal valley and the Bergisches Land region also attract nature lovers and recreation seekers to Windeck-Rosbach. Hiking, cycling, canoeing, swimming, fishing or a trip by horse and cart - not just fans of action but also those who like a bit of peace and quiet will strike lucky here. Anyone who feels drawn to the big city can be in Cologne and Bonn in just 60 minutes - thanks to the local S-Bahn train.
- Treetop Walking Path and adventure playground - nature experience "Panarbora" in Waldbröl (11 km)
- On foot or by bike? Walking and cycling in the Windeck countryside
- Rowing, canoeing, fishing!- Up and on Sieg river
- Get away from it all: Erlebnisbad Wissen (fun pool) (16 km)
- Magnificent ruins: Windeck Castle (6 km)
- Life 100 years ago: Museumsdorf ("Museum Village") Altwindeck (6 km)
- Romanesque revival: Siegtal cathedral in Dattenfeld (7 km)
- Width 84 m, height 4 m: Sieg waterfall in Schladern (5 km)
- Fabulous silver: Besucherbergwerk Silberhardt ("Silberhardt Exhibition Mine") (5 km)
- Fancy some Rhineland culture?- Cologne and Bonn in just 60 minutes by local S-Bahn train
Pure hiking pleasure - on foot or by bike
Since 2011, the Rhine-Sieg region has been particularly attractive for hikers. Explore the Natursteig Sieg long-distance hiking trail - a 200 km long demanding quality trail that takes walkers past castles, palaces, monasteries and picturesque villages.
- The Natursteig Sieg trail
- Hiking in Windeck-Rosbach