Welcome to Velbert
- RICH IN BEDS: Choose between the comfortable GUESTHOUSE and the smart YOUTH HOSTEL - something to suit every taste and every age!
- RICH IN ADVENTURES: a welcoming town in the countryside close to the seething "Ruhr region" and its metropolis of Essen
- RICH IN HISTORY: the town centre with its diverse pedestrian zone is within walking distance
- RICH IN FORESTS AND MEADOWS: in ten minutes you can be in a beautiful park with a zoo, a giant lawn with a barbecue hut and playground directly at the hostel
- RICH IN WATER: an indoor/outdoor swimming pool is just a few minutes away
- RICH IN INFORMATION: Germany's only Castle and Fittings Museum with highly recommended tours
- RICH IN INFLUENCE: canoe trips on the Ruhr river with an educational background
- RICH IN CHALLENGES climbing in either of two climbing parks in the area
- RICH IN EXCITEMENT: programmes ranging from nature and experiential learning to musicals and career choices.
The YOUTH HOSTEL & GUESTHOUSE are there for EVERYONE: Just as Velbert offers something for EVERYONE, the HOSTEL & GUESTHOUSE are well prepared and equipped to satisfy all demands.
The GUESTHOUSE part of the building, with seminar and music rooms and comfortable room amenities, is ideal for more demanding school classes, musicians, seminars and holidays, while children from day-care centres, younger school children and sportspeople will find a cosy, practical and inexpensive home from home in the YOUTH HOSTEL. Even families will find that Velbert is the perfect starting point for excursions, bike rides and attractions: it's hardly possible to find more variety! Whichever part of the building you choose, in both parts of the building, the small room and hallway units make for a cosy atmosphere and ensure you get a good night's sleep. Modern sanitary facilities - are available in all rooms in the GUESTHOUSE and in all the rooms for leaders in the YOUTH HOSTEL. The large outdoor area with a playground, table tennis tables and barbecue hut offers plenty of space to relax in. What we offer EVERYONE:
- Tried and tested group programmes for different age groups and goals
- Varied and age-appropriate cuisine, flexible meal times and consideration given to religions and allergies.
- In-depth advice regarding leisure activities - we're very happy to help you!
- The GUESTHOUSE is wheelchair-accessible.