An excellent location!
The sun is always in view. Todtnauberg, a district of the town of Todtnau in the Upper Wiesental valley, lies on the sunny side of Feldberg mountain, 1021 m to 1388 m above sea level. Enjoy the sunshine.
Enjoy the silence. That's easy to do here. Todtnauberger valley also has no through traffic. Or don't you like things to be so quiet?
An outdoor swimming pool, rock climbing, all-weather toboggan run or would you prefer a biathlon track and guided snowshoe hikes? Todtnauberg offers many leisure opportunities in both summer and winter. Children? Welcome! Families? Welcome! Todtnauberg has been certified as being a "family friendly holiday resort" by the state of Baden Württemberg.
The hostel is about 1 km above the village on Radschert mountain in a sunny and panoramic position.
- Heated outdoor pool
- Tennis court (3 minutes)
- Area for playing football (3 minutes)
- Downhill track (10 minutes by car)
- Bowling alley in the "Kurhaus"
- Rock climbing in Todtnau
- Mountain bike hire in Todtnau
- Ski rental in Todtnauberg
- Beach volleyball at the outdoor pools
- Biathlon track at Notschrei, summer and winter training possible by arrangement
- Guided snowshoe hikes
- Alpine skiing region
Hiking - nothing but nature
- Todtnauer waterfalls (1.5 hours)
- Sübenwasen mountain (1.5 hours)
- Heidegger circular trail (2.5 hours)
- Bergwildpark Steinwasen (mountain wildlife park) with theme park (2.5 hours)
- Feldberg, the highest peak in the Black Forest (2.5 hours)
- Glass-blowing factory (3 hours
- Extensive network of cross country skiing trails
- Note: you can reach all these destinations by public transport, too (for free with the "Konus-Gästekarte" ["Konus guest ticket"]).
Lots to experience
- Barefoot track Muggenbrunn (3.5 km)
- Notschrei Nordic Walking Centre (7 km)
- Hasenhornrodelbahn, Germany's longest all-weather toboggan run, 3.5 km long (8 km)
- Freiburg (30 km)
- St Blasien (33 km)
- Europapark Rust (48 km)
- Basel, Switzerland (63 km)
- Colmar in the Alsace region (80 km)