Newly modernized youth hostel
- The wonderful Schaumberg Youth Hostel in Tholey lies in a peaceful location at the foot of the Schaumberg and offers a seemingly endless range of recreational activities in the immediate vicinity. Tholey is situated in the district of St. Wendel. Boasting plenty of woodland, its beautiful surroundings are part of Saar-Hunsrück Nature Park and are home to the highest point of elevation in Saarland, the Schaumberg.
- Tholey newly designed Youth Hostel has 118 beds in rooms with 1, 2, 4 and multiple beds. Each room is equipped with an en-suite shower/WC.
- For summer occupancy there are 6 log cabins available, with 6 beds each, and also a 2-bed hut for group leaders. Sanitation is located in the main house.
- Bistro, café/bar, snack area, dining room, play area, 2 conference rooms.
- 4 common rooms and function rooms of varying sizes for 12 to 40 people; these may be combined to hold up to 100 people and are fully equipped for events, conferences, workshops, project days and music camps.
- Leisure programmes for a thrilling family holiday.
- Activity programmes for exciting school trips.
- Air hockey, "Tele-Spiel" game, board games, ball games area, volleyball net, table tennis, several playing fields, barbecue area, children's playground.
- At Tholey Youth Hostel we welcome families, groups of schoolchildren, seminar and conference participants, choirs and music groups, holidaymakers, cyclists, ramblers and, of course, individual guests.