Breathtaking and in one of Germany's largest castle complexes
- Breathtaking - the modern Burg Lichtenberg Youth Hostel is located on one of Germany's largest castle sites. It provides extensive views across the green uplands around Kusel. In recent years, many parts of the castle complex have been rebuilt. In addition to the Musikantenland Museum in the Zehntscheune ("tithe shed"), the castle grounds are also home to the Palatinate Museum of Natural History.
- Burg Lichtenberg Youth Hostel has 106 beds in rooms with 1, 2, 4 and multiple beds. Each room is equipped with an en-suite shower/WC.
- Bistro, café/bar, snack area, dining room, play area.
- 6 common rooms and function rooms of varying sizes for 8 to 40 people, fully equipped for events, conferences, workshops, project days and music camps.
- Leisure programmes for a thrilling family holiday.
- Activity programmes for exciting school trips.
- Table tennis, table football, board games, playing field, barbecue area in the charming castle moat, with an adjoining children's playground.
- Accessible rooms are available for wheelchair users.
- At Thallichtenberg Youth Hostel we welcome families, groups of schoolchildren, seminar and conference participants, choirs and music groups, holidaymakers, cyclists, ramblers and, of course, individual guests.