Recreation, sports&adventure at the youth hostel Simmerath-Rurberg.
The hostel offers a variety of recreational opportunities. That's why families, recreation seekers, sportspeople and adventurers feel particularly at home here.
The attractive leisure facilities offered by the hostel invite you to take part in fun and games on the large outdoor area. There are 3 sites where football, volleyball or basketball can be played. A special highlight on cloudy days is the children's cinema with original cinema seating. Please bring your own (DVD) films for this.
Leisure facilities in the youth hostel
Even the hostel itself is worth a visit: a high ropes course, climbing wall and spacious recreational area with playing fields offer many opportunities for recreation. And even if the weather's bad, things needn't be boring: billiards, table football and children's cinema ensure fun and entertainment - even if you have to stay indoors.
- A climbing wall and a high ropes course (can only be booked as part of a programme)
- Parlour games
- Table football
- Table tennis
- Pinball machine
- Football pitch
- Basketball court
- 4 barbecue sites
- Disco (on request)
- Football field 300 m away
Leisure facilities in the area
Families, sportspeople, recreation seekers and adventurers - Simmerath-Rurberg Youth Hostels is the ideal accommodation for all of them. The Rursee lake is only a short distance away and is ideal for swimming, boating and relaxing. For those who like a little more action, the hostel can loan out canoes. Or how about an extensive bicycle tour, e.g. across the 100-year-old Urft Dam?
- For nature lovers: Rursee lake
- For keen swimmers: swimming pool, bathing area
- For fans of native Americans: canoe rental
- For cyclists: bicycles
- For sporty people: mini golf
- For fans of dams: Urft Dam (over 100 years old!)
- For boat passengers: Rursee boat trip
Leisure facilities in the region
Not only the Rursee lake but also the Eifel National Park invite hostel guests to take part in a variety of activities. For children, a trip to one of the summer toboggan runs in either Rohren or Kommern- Mechernich is an absolute highlight. And the animals in the Wildgehege Hellenthal (Hellenthal Game Reserve) are very popular with children: lynx, bears, eagles and owls can all be admired here. In bad weather, a trip to the "Grube Wohlfahrt", an old ore-mine, is a good idea. Mining history was written here - experience at first hand what happened to the miners over 100 years ago!
- Long slide: summer toboggan run in Rohren or Kommern-Mechernich
- History with fresh air: Freilichtmuseum Kommern (Kommern Open-Air Museum)
- Deer meets bald eagle: Wildfreigehege Hellenthal (game reserve)
- Visit to the mine: Grube Wohlfahrt
- Local history and village culture: Bauernmuseum Lammersdorf (Lammersdorf Farming Museum)
- Magical gem of the Eifel: Monschau with crafts market (also as a day trip by bus)
- Boating on reservoirs: Wasser-Info-Zentrum Eifel (Water Information Centre Eifel) in Heimbach