An excellent location!
Schluchsee lake. The largest lake in the Black Forest.
Schluchsee lake. A dreamy place. And yet with much to experience. How about going around the lake! On foot or by bicycle. Or would you rather cross it? Pedal boats await you. You can enjoy direct contact with water in the Aqua Fun adventure pool. In the winter, the Fischbach ski area and an extensive network of cross country skiing trails await active athletes. The highlight comes in the evening. Relax with the magnificent view over the lake. Is your digicam ready?
The hostel is located on the southwestern outskirts of the village, on a promontory (Amalienruhe) right on the lake.
- Aqua Fun adventure pool
- Natural ice rink
- Extensive network of cross country skiing trails
- Fischbach ski area
- Canoe hire
- Sailing, pedal and electric boats for hire
- Mini golf
- Cruise around the lake
- Bicycle rental
Hiking - nothing but nature
- View from Riesenbühlturm (tower) (4 km)
- Bildstein (10 km)
- Ranger walks on Feldberg mountain (15 km)
- Go round Schluchsee lake on foot or by bicycle (18 km)
- Feldbergsteig - premium trail, 12 km in 4 hours
- Wutachschlucht - the largest canyon in Germany
- Schluchtensteig - multi-day tour in 6 stages, 119 km
Lots to experience
- Modellbahnzentrum Eisenbreche (model railways) (5 km)
- Dairy farm tour at the organic farm Till in Äule (7 km)
- Heimatmuseum Hüsli (local history museum) in Rothaus (10 k
- Pumped storage power station near Häusern (10 km)
- St Blasien and cathedral (18 km)
- Action Forest high ropes course in Titisee (20 km)
- Freiburg can be reached without a car via the Höllentalbahn railway line (50 km)
- Rhine Falls in Schaffhausens (50 km)
- Lake Constance (70 km)
- Europapark Rust (70 km)