Ravensburg. City of towers and gates. And of games. Today Ravensburg is cultural and economic centre of upper Swabian area. Its historical roots date back to the middle age. Do you want to see how people lived in former times? Around 1380 the long-distance trading family Humpis started the building of seven buildings - the "Humpis-Quartier". Since July 2009 you can find information about the history of the city and its culture in the late medieval buildings.
Enough of history for today? How about playing and having fun? Enjoy action and fun in the biggest playroom of the world. Lets visit the leisure park "Ravensburger Spieleland"! The youth hostel is located in the Veitsburg, high above the city. It can be reached barrier-free via the new switchback.
The Youth Hostel Veitsburg Ravensburg has been certified as being "especially suitable for families" by the German Youth Hostel Association. All parts of our hostel are well suited for families.
What you can expect from our Ravensburg Youth Hostel certified for families:
- Playing area for kids (memory) with comfortable seating in the entry area
- Ravensburger Board games and books available
- Family-friendly room facilities (shower/toilet either in the room or opposite the room for your exclusive use)
- Baby equipment such as high chairs, cots, bottle warmers, children's toilet seats, changing pads, and a lot more.
- A family room equipped with games, children's reading corner, and a lot more.
- an appealing, child-friendly outdoor area with playground
- Ravensburger Spieleland theme park
- Ravensburger Games Museum
- Lake Constance with Mainau Island