An excellent location!
Fancy some fresh forest air? Murrhardter Forest is ideal for that. For walking, jogging, cycling, exploring - and breathing in fresh forest air. The densely wooded mountains, with their plateau-like peaks and the rugged Keuperklingen, mean you can enjoy nature no matter what's the season. Want some more background information? The Nature Park Centre at the market place will interest nature lovers both young and old. The Nature Park guides offer various excursions. Or would you prefer to spend some time alone on the forest learning trail on Riesberg mountain? Go past the Römersee lake - with barbecue area - and to the impressive Felsenmeer ("sea of rock"). Or how about a trip to the Hörschbach Falls? Who wants to open the weir? Or would you rather walk to the magnificient "Villa Franck", with its enchanting wooded area of its parklands and temples to the muses?
Do you still want more action? A keep-fit trail and open-air swimming pool await you!
Or would you prefer some culture today? Visit the "Roman Limes", a World Heritage Site. Get into the right frame of mine in the private museum of the Schweizer family. The numerous Limes Cicerones (guides) will tell you all about the Romans and the Limes. Who will be the first to get to the watchtower ruins?
The hostel is on the northern edge of the town, on the road to Karnsberg.
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Keep-fit trail
- Football field
- Barbecue areas and huts
Hiking - nothing but nature
- Take the forest learning path to Riesberg mountain and the Felsenmeer ("sea of rock")
- Through Trauzenbachtal valley to the Limes tower near Grab
- The Hörschbach Falls (there's a particularly exciting hiking destination downstream of the Murrtal valley - the Hörschbach Falls - a primeval forest ravine, which has long been a nature reserve because of its uniqueness. Special attractions include the front and rear waterfall. A walker can make the rear waterfall an impressive experience by means of a weir that can be opened by hand.)
- Around Murrhardt with fruit-growing learning trail, remains of the Limes and the Lindersthütte hut
- To the Waldsee lake recreational area near Fornsbach (if you book early, a return trip by horse-drawn carriage can be organised).
Lots to experience
- Carl-Schweizer Museum in Murrhardt (nature, Romans, town history, the early days)
- Nature Centre in Murrhardt
- Waldsee recreation area (6 km)
- Schwaben Park leisure and amusement park (17 km)
- Roman fort in Welzheim (18 km)
- Limes Museum in Aalen (48 km)
- Stuttgart (Wilhelma, numerous museums, a planetarium, various theatres, musicals, television tower, the Diet) (50 km)
- Bad Wimpfen (imperial palace) - salt mine in Bad Friedrichshall (km 52)
- Nature Park guides/Limes Cicerones (various modules, exciting options for children and youth groups)