Location & Arrival
The hostel is right in the heart of Lübeck's old part of town, the Altstadt. The pedestrian area with its shopping street is just a few metres away. The Buddenbrookhaus (dedicated to the works of Heinrich and Thomas Mann) is located in the same street as the hostel.
Continue reading show less
Arriving by train
- Lübeck "Altstadt" Youth Hostel is just a 10-minute walk away from the station.
- The route takes you past the Holsten Gate, through the old part of town (the Altstadt) and directly to the hostel in Mengstraße.
- By bus from the main station (Hauptbahnhof): number 3 bus (toward Eichholz), number 30 bus (towards Gneversdorf), number 12 bus (towards An der Trave) number 40 bus (towards Travemünde) and get off at the Beckergrube stop.
Arriving by car
- You can get to Lübeck "Altstadt" Youth Hostel by car or bus by taking the A1 and the Lübeck-Zentrum (centre) exit.
- Turn left behind Holsten Gate (Holstentor) (An der Untertrave) and continue into Mengstraße.
Arriving by plane
- At Lübeck airport, take a number 6 bus (towards Hudekamp) to the city centre. The hostel is just a few minutes' walk away from the "Kohlmarkt" bus stop.
There are no parking spaces in Mengstraße.. You can park in the car park of the music and congress hall. (5 minutes' walk to the hostel), or in "An der Untertrave", near Mengenstraße. Day tickets cost €5 each. Buses park for free.