Discover the hiking paths in the Bergische Land.
The hostel is situated in the Bergisches Land Nature Park. Hikers can set off on the over 200 km long network of hiking trails directly from the hostel's front door. Also, the leisure park in Lindlar is always worth a visit: the adventure playground and mini golf course offers fun, games and variety. Right next door, the indoor pool with a big waterslide provides lots of fun when the weather is bad.
The good leisure facilities at Lindlar Youth Hostel are complemented by a range of modern media. This guarantees fun and games and awakens guests' spirit of inquiry. The new outdoor area with playground equipment integrated into the forest offers plenty of room for group adventures.
Leisure facilities in the youth hostel
Sportspeople, nature lovers and recreation seekers - if you stay at Lindlar Youth Hostel, you won't be bored. In addition to the extensive leisure facilities, the hostel boasts a location right in the middle of the Bergisches Land Nature Reserve.
- Sports field
- Basketball, soccer and beach volleyball field
- Table tennis
- Disco room
- Various play equipment in the hostel's own "game forest"
- Campfire site
- Barbecue site
- Great meadows
- DVD player
- Digital projector
- Media room (8 computer workstations and Internet access, binoculars, digital cameras, GPS devices and camera phones)
- Snoozle room
Leisure facilities in the area
Start your leisure activities on the hostel's doorstep. Hiking enthusiasts will enjoy the 200 km long network of hiking trails and cycling fans can go on a varied bike ride. If you want a little more action, the high ropes course at The Bergisches Freilichtmuseum (open-air museum) is the perfect destination. Well secured, you will master the various stations here and then "fly" through the forest on an exhilarating 120 m zip line ride.
- The hard work of the past: Bergisches Freilichtmuseum (open-air museum) with high ropes course (45 minutes on foot)
- Animals up close: Kleintierstreichelhof (petting zoo with small animals) (15 minutes on foot)
- Park with old trees: Heiligenhoven Castle (2 km)
- Hard work on the trail: Steinhauerpfad (masons trail) (3 km)
- Play together: amusement park with adventure playground (30 minutes on foot) and mini golf course (by appointment only)
- Search for fossils: quarry tour (45 minutes on foot, by appointment only)
- Flying high: high ropes course at the open-air museum (55 minutes on foot, by appointment only)
- Action on rubbish heaps: extracurricular learning centre at the Leppedeponie landfill site (55 minutes on foot, by appointment only)
Trips & excursions
The Bergisches Land has quite a bit to offer visitors! Follow the tracks of Rhineland industrial culture in the Industrial Museum Engelskirchen or discover fossils of a long-forgotten coral reef in the Aggertalhöhle show cave. If you'd rather spend time in the fresh air above ground, visit Brucher Dam. Rowing boats, pedal boating or sailing - the dam is approved for water sports. And even fans of big cities and shopping will get their moneys' worth in the area around Lindlar - Cologne and Siegen are not far away!
- When the sparks fly: Rhineland Industrial Museum Ermen & Engels Cotton Mill (6 km)
- Former coral reefs: Aggertalhöhle show cave (9 km)
- Hiking & swimming: Engelskirchen outdoor pool (7 km), Brucher Dam (17 km), Bever Dam (22 km)
- Last blacksmith's hammer: Oelchenshammer (9 km)
- Steel giants: Railway Museum Dieringhausen (18 km)
- Lively cathedral city: Cologne (35 km)
- International city of cultural: Bonn (40 km)