Discover the Cologne culture and tradition.
The city presents itself as young and dynamic - in the middle of impressive witnesses of the Middle Ages and the Roman relics that dominate the city today. 27 theatres, Cologne Zoo and the Flora, with almost 20 art museums in the Wallraf-Richartz Museum and temporary exhibitions at the German Sports and Olympic Museum promise cultural diversity. Enjoy "Kölle am Rhing", which experiences its high point in the annual carnival.
Leisure in the City Hostel
Anyone staying at Cologne-Deutz City Hostel is drawn to the big city! But trips to the surrounding region also offer variety and relaxation at the same time.
Leisure facilities in the area
The cathedral, city hall and the city walls - the historic sights of the city are a must when on a city trip in the cathedral city. But besides that, Cologne has a lot to offer: especially popular with families and schools is the city's famous Chocolate Museum. Learn all about the sweet seduction - including snacks. In addition, the zoo with its outdoor enclosures and the large aquarium is not far and worth a visit in any weather. By the way, entrance to the zoo is included in our competitive economy package for families "Köln tierisch.
- Glorious: the cathedral
- Exceptional circumstances: Cologne Carnival
- Wild animals in the middle of the city: Cologne Zoo
- Oases of peace: Rhein Park and Botanical Garden
- Relax and unwind: enjoy the best view of the Rhine in Cologne from the banks of the Rhine in the Deutz district
- Swinging fun: the cable car over the Rhine
- Mega-party: nightlife in Cologne
- Big screen: the Cinedom
- Roman I: spas in Agrippabad
- Roman II: the Romano-Germanic Museum near the cathedral
- Bathing: dive into Aqualand
- Sharks on blades: ice hockey in Cologne
- Goal!: local football team
- Mood-lifter: Chocolate Museum
- Worthy of a medal: the Sports and Olympic Museum
- Hohe Straße: shopping street in Cologne
- Introduction to Kölsch: dialect seminars at the hostel
- Instead of watching TV: visit a TV show
- Odysseum: Knowledge Adventure Park for the whole family
- Panoramic boat trip
- Riehler floodplains with playgrounds, picnic and area for playing football
Leisure facilities in the region
While Cologne with its many attractions, museums and nightlife has a lot to offer, a trip to the surrounding area is also worthwhile. The Bergisches Land and the Eifel National Park allow visitors to enjoy eventful trips and long walks through the countryside, while the castles of Augustusburg and Falkenlust are beautifully preserved masterpieces of the glorious rococo period. A trip to "Phantasialand" promises fun and action for the whole family - entrance is included in our competitive economy package for families called "Köln phantastisch".
- Experience-rich: Phantasialand (amusement park)
- Excavator tour: lignite mining in the Bay of Cologne.
- Journey into the recent past: the House of History in Bonn.
- Eifel: National Park and maars (volcanic crater lakes)
- Königswinter: Drachenfels, Sea Life
- Bergisches Land Nature Park
- Rhine cruise to Königswinter, and from there to the Drachenfels by means of a rack-and-pinion railway