A real jewel in the gemstone town
- The Nahe-Hunsrück Youth hostel in Idar-Oberstein, offering magnificent views across the whole town, is a real jewel in this gemstone hub. Idar-Oberstein is known around the world for its gemstones and jewellery. In the German Gemstone Museum visitors are shown the sparkling treasures both in their natural form and as polished beauties.
- Idar-Oberstein Youth Hostel has 129 beds in rooms with 1, 2, 4 and multiple beds. Each room is equipped with an en-suite shower/WC.
- Welcoming entrance area with reception, dining room, bistro, café/bar, snack area, playroom.
- 5 common rooms and function rooms of varying size for 16 to 80 people, fully equipped for events, conferences, workshops, project days and music camps.
- Leisure programmes for a thrilling family holiday.
- Activity programmes for exciting school trips.
- table football, board games, ball game area, table tennis, basketball hoop, volleyball court, barbecue area, children's playground, climbing wall, in-house gemstone workshop
- We have our own gemstone exploration field on the Youth Hostel grounds
- At Idar-Oberstein Youth Hostel we welcome families, groups of schoolchildren, seminar and conference participants, choirs and music groups, holidaymakers, cyclists, ramblers and, of course, individual guests.