Location & Arrival
The hostel is close to the city of Hamburg. The city centre is just 5 underground stations away. The beautiful recreational area of Horn Racecourse, with its lawns, mini golf course, jogging paths and lakes, borders the youth hostel. A few minutes away from the hostel is the large Quarree shopping centre, a Cinemaxx cinema, a bowling alley and a giant slot car track system.
Continue reading show less
Arriving by train
- From Hamburg main station, take the U2 or U4 underground line to the "Horner Rennbahn" stop (towards Billstedt/Mümmelmannsberg).
- Walk in the same direction the train was travelling in and go up the stairs to the bus stop.
- Take the 23 or 213 bus to the "Tribünenweg" stop (just one stop).
- Follow the road in the direction the bus was travelling in for about 150 m and there is the hostel.
Arriving by car
- From Berlin/Lübeck, take the A24 as far as Hamburg-Horn (left lane). At the Horn roundabout, take the 3rd exit towards Horn. Turn right at the 3rd set of traffic lights (large intersection) then turn left towards Wandsbek. After 600 m you will see the hostel on the right-hand side.
- From Bremen/Hanover, take the A1 as far as the Hamburg Moorfleet exit (exit 34). Then travel on Ring 2 towards Wandsbek. After 6.5 km you will see the hostel on the right-hand side.
- From Flensburg/Kiel, take the A7 as far as the Hamburg Stellingen exit (exit 26). Follow the B5 towards Zentrum/Bergedorf. Take the expressway to Hamburg Horner Rampe. On Ring 2, drive towards Wandsbek The hostel is around 1.5 km further on on the right-hand side.
Arriving by plane
- Take the S1 S-Bahn train to the "Wandsbeker Chaussee" station(towards Wedel/Blankenese).
- Then take the 23 or 213 bus and get off at the "Tribünenweg" stop.
- Cross Rennbahnstraße (street) and walk in the opposite direction to which the bus was travelling in and the hostel is about 150 m further on.
The hostel has free parking for cars and buses.
Car parking 22
Bus parking 2