Hamburg-Horn: Close to the city but in the countryside
Hamburg "Horner Rennbahn" Youth Hostel is just 5 underground stations away from the city. All the highlights of the city are easily accessible from here. The large grounds of the racecourse, a green oasis far away from the stresses and strains of big city life, are right next to the hostel. You can go jogging or skating, enjoy barbecues or play miniature golf here.
The hostel has free parking - ideal if you want to arrive by car. Using public transport (bus from "Tribünenweg" and Metro line 2 to the "Horner Rennbahn" stop), you are only 20 minutes away from the centre of Hamburg.
Leisure facilities in the immediate area
"Quarree" shopping centre with multiplex cinema
The large shopping centre with 200 shops is only 5 minutes away by bus. The mall also houses the modern Cinemaxx cinema.
The "Deutsches Derby" race takes place on the racecourse right next to the youth hostel every year in July. A real highlight, not only for fans of equestrian sports.
Ticket service for our guests
You can get the following tickets at our reception:
- Harbour boat trip with the launches of Captain Prüsse from the harbour/jetties
- Miniatur Wunderland - the world's largest model railway
- Spine-chilling urban history in the "Hamburg Dungeon"
- City tour on the red double-decker buses
- Tickets for a tour of the HSV football stadium
- Entrance into the Chocoversum chocolate museum
- Tickets for Hamburg local transport network (HVV). Tip: the HVV tickets also entitle you to use the harbour ferries from jetties.
Highlights of Hamburg
- Hamburg harbour
- Landmark of St Michaelis church - colloquially called "Michel"
- Speicherstadt (warehouse city)
- Fish market
- Reeperbahn - the red light district
- Hagenbeck Zoo
- The Alster city lake
- Jungfernstieg shopping street
- Town Hall
- Trendy neighbourhoods: Ottensen, Schanzenviertel, St Georg, Karolinenviertel