- With the whole class to the Tigerenten Club
- Outdoor swimming pool with 77 m long slide in Göppingen
- Märklin Museum - World of Adventure for all model railway fans
- Barbarossa Therme (spa) in Göppingen
- Game reserves of "Göppingen" and "Burg Staufeneck"
- "Schurrenhof" amusement park
- Schwaben Park in Kaiserbach
- "Squash and Fit" with a climbing wall, sauna & clay badminton courts in Waldstetten
- Skypark - Epia climbing forest
Hiking - nothing but nature
The village of Hohenstaufen is surrounded by a beautiful hiking area, which has something to offer for both young and old. Short and long walks in the beautiful countryside, embedded in the history of Swabia as well as in the geological formation of the Swabian Alb region. We would be happy to help you to plan your walks.
- Göppingen, about 2 ½ hours from Hohenstaufen. The castle, the Oberhofen church, the Märklin Museum - World of Adventure and the local history museum are all worth a visit. Of course, you can also just stroll around in the village centre.
- A walk to the monastery in Lorch and to the burial place of the House of Hohenstaufen takes about 3 hours, via Wäschenbeuren, Oberkirneck to Lorch.
- The ruins of Rechberg Castle, which you can see from our balcony, take about 2 ½ hours to walk to.
- You can get to Adelberg, with its old convent, Ulrichskapelle chapel and Herrenbachstausee reservoir with restaurants, in about 4 hours.
- Staufeneck Castle, with its little game reserve, is a 7-hour march away. The fine restaurant at the castle invites you to feast and enjoy yourself.
Lots to experience
- Mediaeval architecture of the centre of the town of Schwäbisch Gmünd and the Silberwarenmuseum Ott-Pausersche Fabrik (silver & jewellery museum) (about 13 km).
- Messelberg Observatory in Donzdorf with professional guidance (approx. 17 km).
- The Limes with a watchtower in Lorch and the Benedictine monastery with its church and the impressive circular oil painting on the history of the House of Hohenstaufen with around 1,200 people and 400 horses on their way from the Fils Valley to Naples. (about 12 km)
- Schwabenpark with flume, 180° cinema in the recreation area of the Swabian Forest. (about. 29 km)
- Unique fossilized remains of marine animals and plants in the Prehistoric Museum, and slate quarries in Holzmaden (about 24 km)
- State capital of Stuttgart with the planetarium, the "Wilhelma" zoo, the State Gallery, the TV Tower, the Parliament, the mineral baths in Bad Cannstatt, Ferdinand Porsche Museum, & the Event Centre with two musicals. (about. 50 km)