Wernfels castle in the Franconian Lake District.
The "Franconian Lake District" is beautifully located right at the heart of Bavaria. It as a superb recreational and holiday area for young and old visitors with age-old cultivated landscapes and offers warm hospitality. The many attractions and activities in the region invite visitors to discover the Franconian Lake District and its environment.
Leisure activities at the Youth Hostel
- Ping-pong tables, table football, billiard tables and "Flip Flap"
- Hard sports ground with basketball, volleyball, indiaca and small handball field
- Playground with sandpit, digger, play house, slides and bird's nest swing
- Football pitches five minutes away from the Hostel
- Leisure area on the southern slope, with heated outdoor pool and open-air stage with 150 seats.
Leisure activities in the area
- Cultural experiences...
- Guided tours of Spalt, the hop and beer city
- Hop and beer museum in the historic granary
- Guided tour of the only municipal brewery in Germany
- Guided tour of the city with the night guard
- For more information, please contact Spalt tourist information.
Outings and excursions
- Day trips from Wernfels castle could take you to...
- Nuremberg, with its castle and many other sights
- Rothenburg ob der Tauber, a small medieval city
- Ansbach, former residence of the margraves
- Weissenburg, the only Roman city in Franconia
- Day trips in the Franconian Lake District could take you to...
- Brombachsee and Igelsbachsee lakes
- Altmühlsee and Rothsee lakes
- Bad Windsheim open-air museum.