Location & Arrival
Public transport to the Youth Hostel
- By rail: Travel to Bremen Hauptbahnhof (main station),
- By bus: From Bremen Hauptbahnhof (main station), take bus 26 or 27 towards Huckelriede or tram 1 towards Huchting until the stop "Am Brill". From there, walk right along the Weser for about 300m until you see the Youth Hostel.
- It takes about 15-20 minutes to walk to the Youth Hostel from the Hauptbahnhof.
Arriving by bus/car
- Take the A1 until the exit Bremen-Arsten, then follow the feeder road and Neuenlander Straße towards the city centre. Turn right onto Friedrich-Ebert-Straße. Keep going forwards over the bridge "Wilhelm-Kaisen-Brücke". Turn left onto Martinistraße, cross the Brill-Kreuzung and turn left onto Diepenau towards to the Weser. The Youth Hostel is on Kalkstraße, right by the Weser.
- Please note the information about the "Low Emission Zone" below.
Arriving by plane
- Fly to Bremen Airport, then take the 6 to the stop "Domsheide". Change to line 2 or 3 towards Walle/Gröpelingen, and get off at "Radio Bremen". Go left onto the road Diepenau, then left again onto "Hinter der Mauer" until you see the Youth Hostel (about 200m on foot in total).
Information about the Low Emission Zone
Tourists are not required to hold a badge. If you carry your confirmation/booking acceptance with you, then you can cross the Low Emission Zone without a badge in order to reach your accommodation. Afterwards, however, you may not use your car in the city centre; it can only be parked near the Youth Hostel!
The same rule applies for coaches as for tourists: They are also exempt from the badge requirement. Bremen thus aims to provide a convenient service for coach tour operators.
From 1 July 2011, only vehicles with a green badge may pass through the Low Emission Zone.