- Hardbergbad (outdoor swimming pool)
- Roman and thermal baths of the city Baden-Baden
- Table tennis and open-air chess at the Youth Hostel
- Lawn and playing area around the Youth Hostel
- Barbecue area at the Youth Hostel or at the old Hardberg quarry (plus site fee)
- Hardberg forest directly next door
- Climbing hall (DAV)
Hiking - pure nature
- Hiking at the Panorama trail: 40 km around the city, four different day trips are possible. One stage starts near the Youth Hostel
- Old castle: you can reach the old castle after half an hour hiking through the forest (approx. 5 km); it is free of charge
- Directly at the old castle: advanced hiking tour around the Battert-rocks (very popular by climbers and paragliders) - expandable as day hike!
- With the regional bus line to the Merkur - valley station. From there by foot or with the cable railway to the Merkur summit and back (approx. 4 km) to the game enclosure - and perhaps a short trip into the city
- High rope course at the Mehliskopf
- With the regional bus line to the Plättig - here you can find the wildernis path - an exciting forest experience for young and old (4,5 km)
- With the regional bus line to Geroldsau: explore the different paths to the water falls
- Through the city on the Lichtentaler Allee to the monastery Lichtental und Brahmshaus
Plenty to do
Baden-Baden is bursting with life on different levels: Culture, History, Art, Wellness, natural spectacles and much more. For a short overview:
- A city tour with a city-guide or the City-Train: Culture and History are summarized in a two hour programme
- You should visit the Festspielhaus, the Kurhaus with Casino, the roman bath, the Lichtentaler Allee, the Brahmshaus and the rose garden on your own initiative.
With public transport, with your own car or with a rented bus you have to visit the following:
- The legendary Mummelsee and the Schwarzenbachtalsperre
- Baden-Baden is located at the borders of the nature park and the Rhine valley. If you don't want to get deep into the Black Forest, you can find attractive regional highlights of the park at www.naturparkschwarzwald.de
- Experience national park: On the Ruhestein you will find the information center of the Black Forest national park. Visit www.schwarzwald-nationalpark.de to check out several activity offers.
- A black forest tour, which covers the most important traditions of the region, e.g. Triberg and the black forest clocks, the Vogtsbauernhöfen, glassblowing in Wolfach and much more.
- Rastatt (10 km), with ist baroque buildings and the casemates the city offers a lovely entry to the Badische Revolution. The European WWF institute informs about the nature conservation area Rastatter Rheinauen. On your way to Rastatt you can stop at the castle Favorite and the former unique porcelain collection of the Margrave Augusta Sibyllas.
- Karlsruhe (33 km), the fan shaped city is inviting to strolling around in the big pedestrian area. Whether media technology, zoo with botanical garden, castle or Rhine trip - here you can relax...
- Visit the neighbouring country France along the Rhine with the city Straßburg (ca. 60 km)
- Europapark Rust (ca. 80 km)
- Every year in September Baden-Baden will change into New Pop City!