Discover Bad Honnef and the Siebengebirge.
Thanks to its scenic location on the Rhine and in the Siebengebirge Nature Park, Bad Honnef is an ideal starting point for excursions on foot, by boat or by train. The 320 km long "Rheinsteig" walking route goes past the hostel and is ideal for long ambitious walks or varied short trips - depending on your stamina and endurance. The neighbouring towns of Bonn, Cologne and Koblenz as well as Linz and Königswinter can be easily and quickly reached from here.
Leisure facilities in the youth hostel
The hostel is not far from the historic centre of the town. Stroll through romantic lanes, take a walk along the Rhine or discover the ancient and recent history of the region in numerous museums.
- Wide range of the latest games
- Table tennis
- Table football
- Area for playing Football
- Guitar, piano
- Fun court
- Digital projector & video projection screen, e.g. for live broadcasts and cinema
- Amphitheatre with open-air stage (seats 150)
- Barbecue area
- Campfire site
Leisure facilities in and around Bad Honnef
The immediate area around Bad Honnef Youth Hostel is best explored on foot - after all, the hostel is an official partner of the "Rheinsteig" premium walking trail and was the first youth hostel in Germany to acquire the "Qualitätsgastgeber Wanderbares Deutschland" ("Quality Host Walkable Germany") seal of approval. Do you have stamina and endurance? Then go on an ambitious hike along the 320 km long trail! Naturally, the surrounding area can be explored on just a short walk. On the Rhine, you can enjoy a relaxing boat trip to the Drachenfels in winter or to Bonn, the city of museums and culture. Enjoy the romantic view!
- For boaters: boat trip on the Rhine (10 to 15 minutes)
- Trip with long-distance view: Drachenfels in Königswinter (bus & brain: 20 to 30 minutes)
- On the tracks of the Chancellor: Konrad Adenauer House in Rhöndorf (bus & train: 15 to 20 minutes)
- Not just for contortionists: Reptile Zoo in Königswinter (bus & train: 20 to 30 minutes)
- Hiking and discovering: Siebengebirge mountains with Siebengebirgsmuseum (bus & train: 20 to 30 minutes)
- Sharks and rays near the Rhine: Sealife Center in Königswinter (bus & train: 20 to 30 minutes)
Leisure facilities in the region
Bad Honnef is located on the Rhine - at the foot of the Siebengebirge Nature Park. Hiking, cycling or a trip by boat ... the beautiful landscape of the Siebengebirge is ideal for relaxing or sporting activities! Do you want more action with the whole family? The Phantasialand amusement park, with breathtaking rides and fantastic worlds, is not far away. Anyone yearning for the lights of a big city can get to the Rhine metropolis of Cologne and its sights and shopping streets in a short 35-minute drive.
- Miles of museums: Art & Culture in Bonn (bus and train in 45 to 60 minutes - by car/bus in 20 to 30 minutes)
- Fun, fun, fun: "Phantasialand" amusement park (bus & train: 75 minutes)
- Pure Rhine romance: historical town centre of Linz with museum and glassworks (bus & train: 30 to 40 minutes)
- A stone's throw away: Bonnand Cologne - Rhine towns with places worth visiting (bus & train: 40 to 50 minutes)