Discover Aachen and the border triangle
The cathedral, the town hall and the Elisenbrunnen - it's not just these attractions that make Aachen a popular destination for families, schools and groups. The flair of the old part of town, the extensive cultural and leisure opportunities and the vibrant student quarter attract visitors from all over Germany to the city. Enjoy the atmosphere of the university city of Aachen - and discover the diverse region surrounding it. Thanks to its central location in the border triangle, Aachen is an ideal starting point for trips to Belgium and the Netherlands. But the hostel is in an ideal position for sports fans and nature lovers, too. The Eifel National Park, with its diverse range of offers for walking and cycling enthusiasts, is only 20 km away from the hostel.
Leisure facilities in and around the youth hostel
From streetball games at the hostel to shopping trips in the old part of town, everything is possible here - Aachen is as varied as your interests. We recommend a visit to the lounge with its sun terrace, where you can really relax and meet interesting people.
- Table tennis
- Volleyball net
- Streetball hoop
- Table football
- Barbecue site (not covered)
Leisure facilities in the area
The flair of the old part of town, the lively student area and the living history make Aachen extremely attractive for visitors. But besides a tour of the sights and an extensive shopping spree, visitors should enjoy one thing above all: the atmosphere of a thoroughly European university town.
- World Heritage Site with history: Aachen Cathedral (2.5 km)
- Statues of German kings: historical town hall (2.5 km)
- Meeting point & tango: Elisenbrunnen (2.5 miles)
- Ballroom & musical bridge: old Kurhaus (3 km)
- Painting, sculpture etc.: Suermondt Ludwig Museum (2.5 km)
- World Equestrian Festival: CHIO
Leisure facilities in the region
Thanks to its location in the border triangle, Aachen is an excellent starting point for trips and excursions to neighbouring countries.
- Labyrinth with a view: "Dreiländerpunkt" (Three Countries Point) (5-6 km)
- Forest and wilderness: the Eifel National Park, High Fens (20 km)
- Picturesque village: Kornelimünster (10 km)
- Politically and culturally unique: Maastricht, the Netherlands (35 km)
- A city on the move: Liège, Belgium (55 km)
- Music in the Meuse-Rhine Euroregion: Cultural Summer Aachen, Eupen Music Marathon, Pinkpop Festival in Landgraaf